Monday, December 10

A sorry software saga!!

HOW many beans make five? That's easy of course. How many e-mails to solve a simple software problem -15 and counting!!
  Earlier this year I purchased Hallmark Card Studio 2012. It's a great programme to design and print birthday cards etc. It's from a really big company and allows me to design personal cards for anyone of family and friends and  print out unique cards. After changing my main computer I re-installed the software, but there was a small problem. I uninstalled and re-installed but the problem was still there. So an email to customer services was dispatched. Ten mails later I finally got a reply from their technical division - Uninstall it Mr Williams and then re-install!!
  I mailed again, meanwhile I also had 10 offers to buy the new 2013 programme but no answer from Hallmark, they did not recognise the order number which Hallmark themselves had generated.   Eventually came a reply which was to offer their apologies for the service (sic) asking for all the details again of the problem. Now I have a list of ten people's names at Hallmark - but no solution. Suddenly came another new name offering to solve a problem which I do not have which they think I have, Another name to add to the list.
  To  date  still  waiting  for  this to be  finalised  - watch  this space .
   *   *   *
UPDATE: A voice of commonsense has solved the situation. Sherwin in Customer Services must have read all the mails that flew back and forth. A quick chat and five minutes later I was offered Card Studio 2013 for free- good result, a situation that should have been sorted weeks ago.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for viewing our blog, your comments are always welcome.